A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
A company’s health is tied to the health and well-being of its employees.
Spero offers practical, personal, and social skill development training and support that is rooted in the field of mental health. Let’s face it- employees have personal issues that can flow into the workplace. Our lives do not stop when we walk in the door at work.
In the United States, it is estimated that:
- Employees with depression cost employers $44 billion a year in lost productivity time
- About half of employees with depression are untreated
- 500 million workdays are lost to alcohol abuse
- Mental health short-term disability claims are growing by 10 percent a year
- One in five adults experience diagnosable illnesses in any given year
- $1 of investment in treatment for depression and anxiety leads to a return of $4 in better health and work performance
We have all experienced times when we were unable to bring our best selves forward because of struggles that we could not acknowledge or did not know how to discuss safely. As a result, this can lead to a lack of employee engagement, depression, and conflict; which causes serious losses for any business.
What we do
Through assessment and evaluation, Spero offers customized training programs that are personally designed to improve the overall health of your organization. We measure your cultural climate and align our training to your needs. Through our partnership, we provide your team with support, guidance, and the necessary tools to succeed.
To begin, we customize and conduct a survey with your team to determine your specific Workplace Wellness program. Based on those results, we administer your specialized program with a training series, as well as, relevant feedback and support for real improvement.
We also offer:
- Wellness Education Workshops – We offer skill building through a variety of interactive workshops including Recognizing and Providing Support for Mental Health; Obtain and Retain Good Employees; Managing Emotions in the Workplace; Mentor Conflict Effectively; Resilience at Work; Intergenerational Communication in the Workplace; The Importance of Self Care; and Compassion Fatigue.
- Management Cohort Training – This program consists of four, three-hour interactive training sessions conducted over two months for a maximum 10 leaders in your organization. The goal is to strengthen your leadership team with the aim of producing trust, openness, collaboration and support. A six-month follow-up will be completed.
- Counseling Services – We are contracted with trained health professionals in your area to provide traditional employee assistance counseling services where each employees receive a certain number of counseling sessions as well as telehealth counseling options. We also can secure a behavioral health liaison for your organization to be used as needed; provide additional training tailored to your organization; observe your operations in order to provide feedback; and offer crisis response when acute crises arise such as suicide, loss of a leader, structure change, mergers, etc.